CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Top 5

Top 5… (Got it from Crystal's blog and had to give it a whirl!)

… things under $5 that I couldn’t live without
-CO Bigelow lemon lip creme
-toothbrush (with you there, Crystal!)
-disinfectant wipes
-vanilla lattes
-hand sanitizer/hand lotion

… favorite Movies
-Juno
-Spanglish
-Walk the Line
-The Illusionist
-The Notebook

… baby names I love
(not including the obvious Parker and James)
- Anna
- Ava
- Jacob /Jake
- Luke
- Grace

… songs I could listen to over and over again
- Sunrise (Norah Jones)
- Come Thou Fount (favorite hymn)
- How Great the Father's Love for us (another favorite hymn)
- You Are My Sunshine (I can also sing it over and over again!!)
-Yellow (Cold Play)

... books I love
-the Bible
- Justice in the Burbs
-Blue Like Jazz
-The Wedding (Nicholas Sparks)
- The Memory Keeper's Daughter


… people who have influenced me in a positive way
(thought I should explain why!)
- my husband because he demonstrates unconditional love and support in his strong, calm way. What would I do without him to balance me?! He is my other "rock" ;)
- my son-he brings me undescribeable joy and humor to my life
- my dad-he has always been my role model and he models the meaning of loving and serving the Lord
-my mom-I have deep gratitude and respect for her as a mother and grandmother and don't know what I would do with her support, guidance and advice!
- Johnny -his desire for simplicity, his free spirit, and his selflessness inspire me. . .
- My mother-in-law (had to add one more!)-she is truly an amazing woman of God and does so much for her family. Prayer warrior that I inspire to be like

… things that are always in my purse
- cell phone
- lip gloss/chapstick
- hand sanitizer
- debit card
- gum

… moments that changed my life forever
- the day I realized that Nate was the one I was going to marry (realized very early on that not only were we compatible, but our families were as well!)
-our wedding day: July 20, 2003. . .Amazing!!!
- when I was 4 years old and asked Jesus to come into my heart
- having Parker (although I was so out of it that it didn't change me instantly-it was probably the next morning when I came to and truly experienced the miracle of life!!)
- all kinds of moments that happen on a daily basis where Parker ceases to amaze me and make me love him more than I ever knew was possible!


… obsessions I currently have
-morning coffee
- taking Parker swimming at Grant Pool with Bumpa and Gigi
-bulldozers, backhoes, cranes, dump trucks etc. . .
-going to the library/reading with Parker
-Facebook/blogging

… places I would like to go
- Italy
-Greece
-Hawaii
-Paris
-and one fine day, Heaven

… appliances or kitchen tools I couldn’t live without
- Coffee maker
- refrigerator
- microwave (how else would I heat up Parker's dino nuggets!?)
-range/oven
-coffee grinder

… people who I would like to see their top 5’s
- Chelsea
-Rachel
-Abby
-Lindsay
-Nate

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved learning more about you, Jess! Let's get Nate's Top5 in each category as well:)))
xoxo
Bets

Crystal said...

I loved your top five - and giving explanations was such a smart idea! So - you are back to work today . . . WOW! We DO need to catch up!! We should get a date on the calendar - even if it has to be a couple of weeks out! Love ya!