Saturday, January 19, 2008
Are you kidding me?!
Nate and I came down with another round of the stomach flu (or food poisoning) Tuesday night. It hit us both hard, and thankfully Parker has been okay so far! My mom and dad graciously kidnapped him for a few days as we were pretty much on our deathbeds. Today is the first day I have been up for more than an hour without feeling completely wiped. We ate a little yesterday for the first time and it didn't settle so well. I'm pretty sure we have zero energy because we have barely eaten in 4 days, but its hard to tell what/if we should be eating much at this point! I'm praying that it was food poisoning because I can't bear the thought of Parker being sick again. . . . .speaking of, he is eating us out of house and home! Since feeling better, he now eats about 5 meals a day and pretty much wants to eat every time he sees some else eat. He has also cut a nap and is down to one extremely long mid-day nap that lasts 3- 3 1/2 hours! Thankfully its long, but his awake time is so much longer that we are struggling finding ways to entertain him that don't involve eating or watching Little Einsteins :) More to come on how to entertain a 15 month old. . . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Hi Nate and Jess! It's Katie writing... what a fun thing to see you guys with your whole fam in Colorado! I'm so sorry to hear you guys have been sick! Take care of each other. Speaking of babies, babies and more babies, Tom and I are OFFICIALLY trying! Much love to you guys!
xoxo
Katie
Oh my gosh that is horrible- sooo sorry you guys, but so glad you have a healthy big boy who seems to be doing great! I love you guys and miss you lots- Hope you feel better soon! -rae
Hey Jess,
So sorry that you guys have been so sick - that is lame! I have actually had the flu twice this month, too! I'm just recovering from my second round... it's ironic, because this is the only year that I actually got a flu shot! Guess I won't be doing that again! (;
Love and miss you guys!!
Chels
I am so sorry you guys got sick, AGAIN! How annoying. I can't believe that Parker's naps last that long. OH MY GOSH! That's incredible. You could write a novel in that time. We can't wait to see you guys in a couple weeks. Betsy misses "Pabo."
We feel your pain! Lindsay and I came down with the flu on Monday night. I had to tend to Grace (who herself had a lesser version of the flu) in the middle of the night and thought I was going to pass out just holding her. Lindsay was trying to time feeding Noel between her bouts of throwing up. You know it's bad when you have to decide which is more important in the moment: sitting on the toilet or kneeling in front of it. Pretty much the worst 24 hours of our life. Makes you thank God for your good health, doesn't it? It also makes you more compassionate for others who are hurting.
Glad you guys are on the upswing.
Post a Comment