CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

I am taking today and tomorrow off work to spend some quality time with Nate and Parker. P and I are going to visit Daddy this afternoon since we hardly ever get to do that now that we live in NE! Tonight Grandpa and Grandma are watching P so that Nate and I can go out to dinner at our favorite little Italian joint, Piazza Italia. They even offered to keep him overnight so that we can enjoy an ENTIRE night together:) I can't wait!

On a side note, I am reading "The Happiest Toddler on the Block" as Parker's tantrums/fits/need for constant attention were getting out of control. The book has some good pointers as to how to deal with this sort of behavior. Bottom line: even young toddlers want to feel acknowledged/understood and get easily frustrated when parents don't acknowledge that they understand what the child wants. . . Basic, yet I was missing that, and Parker's behavior has been so much better in less than a week's time! I have been much more conscious of getting to his level and speaking in his language, thus he has been so much happier with me!

We ordered a new leather couch that will be in tomorrow, and we are going shopping for a nice jogging stroller on Saturday. Now that nicer weather is on the way we recognize the need to get out more, and we really need a good quality stroller for these bumpy Portland sidewalks. Who knows-maybe we'll also be motivated to start running again?!
Nana and Bubba are coming up on Sunday to stay the night and watch Parker on Monday, so we have a fun weekend ahead of us! Hopefully I'll have new pictures to post soon. . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sweet Parker throwing a tantrum??? It's hard to believe! But as he gets closer to two, I vaguely remember this happens with even the best children;) Way to be proactive with it all, though!
xoxo
Betsy