After 5 days and 6 nights in Boston, Jess and I have returned home to the fresh air of the Pacific Northwest and the loving embrace of our not so little guy. Although we're happy to be home, we had a wonderful time in Beantown.
While Jess spent her days training at company headquarters, I spent mine exploring the city. Armed with my camera and time to kill, I set out on foot to experience a different neighborhood/area each day. In the process, I fell in love with the city of Boston - its history, architecture, food, people, vitality and diversity. It thoroughly exceeded all of my expectations, and made for an incredible vacation I won't soon forget.
Some images from my various excursions (North End, Back Bay, Financial District, Harvard/Harvard Square, Waterfront, Beacon Hill, Freedom Trail, etc.) for your viewing pleasure:
6 comments:
Nate...
Love your post and all the fabulous pictures! I hope Jessica got to see a few of the sites in person??! We went there with Johnny for his 13th birthday and hit all the same spots -- it is a great city! Glad you had such a good time exploring it all and I know Parker was so fun to come home to:) Can't wait to see you all in November!
Love,
Bets
Beautiful pics, Nate! Brings back some fond memories. I'm glad you loved Beantown too - but hopefully not so much that you want to move there!! :)
Love to all,
Jillian
Oh yes, Boston! Probably one of our favorite cities and I'm sooo glad you got out there and got busy to see it all! Great pictures, makes me wish I was there! So glad you had fun :) and are back safely!Love, rae
Nathan,
Love the street lamp and sky and the pipe under the bridge shots - among many others. You got such great lighting, just awesome photos.
What was your favorite neighborhood?
Love,
mikey
Thanks for the comments, everyone!
Bets - Jess was off at 5:30 every night, so we did get a chance to explore the city together a bit. We tried to do dinner in a different neighborhood each night--it was great!
Heej - My first love will always be Portland, don't worry! Beantown will never be more than an around the way girl for me;-)
Rae - Want to paint one of the pictures for me? We could use more of your amazing artwork around the house...
Mikey - Beacon Hill/Charles St. area had to be my favorite neighborhood. Loved the all of the beautiful brownstones, brick and cobblestone streets, and old world feel.
Nate, your pictures of Boston are wonderful and some brought back memories of when we were there years ago. So glad you both had such a good time, and I'm sure Parker was well cared for!
Love, Grammy and Boompa
Post a Comment