Parker had his two year check-up on Monday. He is still off the charts (as in well above the 95 percentile which is what the charts go to). He is 37 inches and 35 pounds already! Dr. Joe was laughing about how Parker will be way taller than me in no time. Parker was excited to see Dr Joe and even practiced shaking his hand and saying, "nice to see you, Dr Joe". After the appointment he even gave him a big hug!
Parker has been full of hilarious one-liners recently. For example:
In church on Sunday Nate and I were serving in Parker's class and we were singing "Jesus Loves Me". Parker enthusiastically yelled, "Jesus Loves Me!!!!" to another boy in the class as he snagged his toy! We had to remind Parker that just because Jesus loves him, does not mean that he gets any toy he chooses!
On the way to Gigi's this morning we were drove by a building site where a new home is going up. We were talking about the different parts of a house such as doors, windows, walls, and lastly, a roof. I asked Parker what else is a part of a house and he said raccoons! This was especially hilarious because we had raccoons on our roof last week. Parker's idea of getting them down was getting a ladder and "holding them"-all of his ideas and HE was the one to go up the ladder to get them :)
This morning as I was getting Parker out of the car he was looking down at my feet. I was wearing peep-toe shoes and got a pedicure this weekend so he was especially aware of my feet. I thought I was hearing things when he said, "cool shoes!" I asked him to repeat himself and he said it again, "cool shoes, Mama!"
Later today we were opening the door to go outside and Parker exclaims, "What a nice day!" I guess he told my mom that today when they went outside too:) Glad the boy enjoys beautiful weather and knows that it truly was a gorgeous day!
There is another more PG story from the bathtub tonight that I won't post. You moms with boys probably know what it involves, so you'll have to ask if you want to hear the story! Nate and I were laughing pretty hard though!
No comments:
Post a Comment