Peyton had gained a pound over her birth weight at her two week appointment, which is amazing! She is 95% for weight and 75% for height, contrary to big brother, who has always been big across the board. She generally has a sweet and content temperament, except when she has to wait more than two minutes upon waking to eat;) She loved her first bath just as much as Parker loved helping give her it!
Parker has done an amazing job adjusting to being a big brother. He loves helping change Peyton, watch me feed her, and has been asking to hold her a lot more lately. Every time she cries he tries to determine what she needs (usually he thinks she needs milk). Its very cute! He hasn't had any jealously and has been great about sharing mom and dad with his new little "sissy" or "Pey Pey", as he calls her.
Today we had a couple of friends over, which included four kids under the age o 3, two pregnant ladies, Peyton and myself! It was refreshing to see friends and it gave me the confidence to have playdates and feel somewhat normal. I have been recovering remarkably well after the c-section. I only took pain meds for 4 or 5 days and was up and around doing practically everything upon returning home from the hospital. Our first weekend home we went to the park, out to breakfast and to a coffee shop no problem at all, and I was even able to hit up Target, grocery shoppin and the mall in the second week. We are so thankful that it has been such an easy transition this time around as that was our biggest concern with me having another c-section. Turns out it was definitely for the best as my uterus wall was paper thin, meaning that uterus would have likely ruptured during a vaginally delivery leading to potential death for mom and baby! God was watching out for Peyton and I both (he knew she needed to stay put safe and sound in me!)
Will post more soon!
4 comments:
Jess,
Thanks for sharing an update!!! I am glad that you and the kids are doing so well and so thankful to the Lord for protecting you and Peyton - He knows BEST!!!
I will give you a call soon... I'd love to bring you dinner. :)
Love,
Chels
Oh my gosh, she is so pretty :) and has grown so much! I'm so happy the transition for all has been so smooth-yeah! love, rae
Thanks for posting the darling new pictures and update! Great to hear you all are doing so well -- bummer about the colds, though. Peyton and Parker certainly have strong family resemblance! So cute!!!
Wonderful to hear that Parker loves his sissy so and that he hasn't had any sibling rivalry:) What a big helper!
xox
Betsy
oh jessica she is precious! So so pretty! Sorry about the bad-sick but great to hear you were out and about so soon.
Post a Comment