We have obviously not been the best bloggers lately. I tend to post our photos and updates on Facebook more regularly.
Here are a few updates on our Spring!
Peyton:
-9 months old as a May 11th-how is my baby almost 1?!
-Finally cut her first tooth a few weeks ago
-Crawling since just before she turned 8 months
-She is the most agile, fastest crawler I have ever seen! She will be somewhere, you turn around and then she is across the room! She likes to get into our ottoman toy box and I have seen her try to get on top of chests/coffee tables. She scales furniture like its nobody's business and even lets go and tries to stand already.
-This girl takes after her mama and LOVES to eat. We have yet to find a food she won't eat or a time when she is not hungry.
-Still breastfeeding and doesn't take the bottle or cup very well.
-Sleeps 12-13 hours at night without waking up! Makes me one happy mama!
-She is signing! This started mostly as a means to get more food by doing the sign for "more". Recently she says "more" as she signs. She also has a sign for "all done", waves and says, "hi", and imitates animal noises (lion and elephant). Her first word was "mama" but she also says, "dada" ;)
-Has a knack for sounds like her daddy. She can not only roll her r's, but she also does this trilling thing (not to mention imitating other sounds). No one can make her laugh like daddy.
Parker:
-Officially 3 1/2. It make a bit more sense that he is actually closer to 4 than 3 now as everyone thinks that he is 5! He is wearing size 5 and 6 clothes and can no longer where toddler 5s. His favorite foods include cereal (like his daddy) and burgers (like his mommy)
-Taking swim lessons where he is in the pool by himself/without a parent. He is a natural in the water!
-Loves playing baseball with daddy and can repeatedly hit balls that are pitched to him with a normal sized bat (not a wide bat). He knows the difference between a pop fly, a grounder, a home run etc.
-Reading is still one of Parker's favorite things to do. He has many of his favorites memorized which is adorable to hear! He also has a great imagination and loves to make up stories and hear others tell him stories-both true and make-believe.
-One of the things that has impressed us the most over the last 9 months is Parker's ability to create things with legos. I'm not talking about the lego duplos, but rather the real legos that are geared for ages 6 and up. He creates some very intricate and imaginative things that could easily compete with the things bigger kids make.
-After being a wait list for the past month, we found out the other week that Parker got into a cooperative preschool in our neighborhood. Both he and us are very excited about seeing him in preschool and being able to take such an active role in his preschool experience.
-Still a mama's boy, but loves roughhousing and being silly with daddy.
-Best friend is still his cousin Betsy. There is nothing like the loyalty and love those two have for each other.
Jess:
-Busy taking care of the kids and working 4 days a week (not sure I could do it without the help of my mom who not only watches the kids while I work, but does our laundry and prepares dinner for us!!)
-Wish I had time for a hobby-I guess that would involve figuring out what that might be!
-Enjoyed Mother's Day which included a pedicure, peonies, my favorite latte and pastry and time with my family!
Nate:
-Turned 30 in March
-Still loving photography and spends most of his free time taking and editing his photos. He needs to do it as a side-job. . .seriously.
-Got to go to Malibu for cousin Tanner's graduation with the rest of the family two weekends ago and is enjoying another weekend with the guys in Denver this weekend (mommy can't wait for her chance to do somewhere without kids!)
-Busy managing the State Farm office we both work at, but in need of a major change!
All:
-Enjoying the sun-finally!!
-Enjoyed a fun trip to Denver in April.
-Seriously considering and praying about making some major life changes including a potential move. More to come on that!
3 comments:
I loved reading your update :) Esp. since I've signed off of FB for the most part (I peek in from time to time). Yes, Jess, your kids are VERY impressive - you all are doing a great job with them. Parker was so sweet to my girls, and well-mannered :) Hope you'll still keep updating your blog! Love ya!
I am hoping you can stay near your parents. I think you need each other. At least you are a blessing to each other! Family is a wonderful thing . . . you already know that!
Love the new pictures:) The picture of Betsy and Parker on their Daddy's (I preseume?) shoulders and holding hands is so precious and brings a tear to my eye. They are such special friends...how wonderful!
Peyton has even changed since we saw her last month! xoxo
Betsy
Post a Comment