CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas!



















We had a wonderful Christmas in Portland this year. Nate flew in from Denver on Christmas Eve (the kids and I have been out here since the 9th). It is great to be home!
HIGHLIGHTS FROM CHRISTMAS
1. The Food:Prime Rib on Christmas Eve, Apple Dumplings and Eggs Benedict on Christmas morning, Ham for Christmas dinner. . . .Do we ever eat well when we're with my mom!!!
2. Parker asking politely after opening up a book, " Mommy, may I please NOT have any more books?" ;)
3. Peyton trying on all of her new socks, mittens, slippers-anything that we didn't think she'd be interested in.
4. The many helmets/bags/things the kids put on their heads (Broncos helmet, Iron Man mask, Christmas bags and boxes)
5. "I am NOT going to have those boots!!" (Parker, upon opening new winter snow boots). I don't blame him after getting so many cooler gifts;)
6. Peyton wanting us to sing "Happy Birthday" over and over when we were eating dinner by candlelight. We sang it to Jesus no less than 5 times.
7. Parker asking where Santa would put his presents since there was no more room under the tree. He came to wake us up Christmas morning panicking because he didn't see his stocking. I almost had him when I said that he must have ended up on Santa's naughty list!
8. On Christmas night, Parker asked if it would still be Christmas when he woke up. I explained that it wouldn't and he had the idea to put all his presents back in his stocking, make snowflakes to hang outside, and to pretend it was Christmas again on Sunday morning:) He was baffled that it could be Christmas since there was no snow!
9. Everyone else opening all of Peyton's presents for her since she wasn't all that interested in what was inside them. She did like peering into her stocking to see what was inside, but even then she didn't really care about getting things out.
10. New bikes! We got both kids new bikes for Christmas, which was a huge hit. Parker is really good and enjoyed going to the nearby college "race track" to ride in circles.












3 comments:

The Joyces said...

So fun to see the kids on Christmas!! They both look more grown up, even after a few weeks! Maybe it's Parker shaving that made me think that??! It's nice to read about the cute things Parker and Peyton did and said this Christmas. Thanks for sharing! We missed having you here~ Love from all of us!

The Madisons said...

Great to hear about your Christmas in Portland (and all the yummy food cooked by your mom!). The photos of the kids are so so cute. The one of Parker in the Broncos uniform took me back to when Zach was about that age and got an Baltimore Orioles baseball jersey (that was in the pre-Washington Nationals day). Jess is so cute on her pretty pink trike!
We are so thankful that your house rented for January. Know that is a big relief. Will be praying for God's guidance for what part of Denver to get started in as new residents. Love from all of us! Carol

Crystal said...

how did I miss this post? SO CUTE! I LOVE the ones of Parker shaving! SUPER CUTE KIDS!