I (Jess) was playing with Parker this morning. He wanted to get inside of this big basket and was saying "boot" (his boot and boat sound the same). I repeated what I thought he said/meant -"boot" and he looked and me and clearly and decisively said, "ship" . That was impressing in itself-that he used another word for what he was trying to communicate! But then he was saying water (wawa) and pointing outside the basket -basically playing make-believe and pointing to the pretend water all around his ship!!! But it gets even better. I got Nate on the phone so Parker could tell daddy about his ship and Parker started blowing pretend bubbles (swim lessons are paying off!!). He wanted to do row, row and rock, rock the boat and blow bubbles in his "ship" for a good 20 minutes. It was adorable and amazing to me how he already grasps the whole pretending and make-believe thing. I guess I wasn't expecting much beyond pretending to feed/play with dolls/babies and pretend to be a baby himself. . . . . He sure has an active imagination already!
Makes me realize how fast he is growing and developing. He is so much fun and gets more adorable as time goes by (even though we didn't think that was possible). Thank you God for the wonderful gift of Parker!!!
Monday, June 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That would have totally been a Kodak moment for me - did you catch it on video? I look forward to looking back on all of these little clips and marking their ages by then - it is truly AMAZING :)
Post a Comment