The baby belly at nearly 13 weeks. I've been feeling good 90% of the time since about 11 weeks, which has been wonderful! Here comes the hunger pains and good cravings!
We are exploring the chance of a VBAC (vaginal birth after caesarean). Anyone know of anyone who has successfully done this? My doctor says I can try it, but a lot will depend on how the pregnancy progresses/how big the baby is etc. There are serious risks involved, so I'd love to hear stories of anyone who has tried it!
9 comments:
My friend Katie (from college) had a successful VBAC - you can read about it on her blog here, second post down: http://katerinahballerina.blogspot.com/2008_08_01_archive.html
Hope that's helpful!
My good friend Megan had one in May. Everything went great!
I don't know anyone personally but I have heard about it and read about it - definitely possible! I hope you can do it!
Jess, your Aunt C had a VBAC with Hannah and I had no complications. I'd be happy to share anything that would help from this experience with you. SO EXCITED for Bell #2!!! Love,
Carol
My mom had a VBAC and back then it was even less common! Have you heard of the book The Thinking Woman's Guide to a Better Birth by Henci Goer? They go over VBACs in that book and you might find it helpful/ informative!
Thanks for the ideas/thoughts/stories everyone!!
Cute little bump, Jessica! So thrilled that all is going so well:) I'm sure it is hard to carry Parker any more (sad!).
xoxo
Betsy
You don't know me, but I am a friend of Katie Goedde's. I was checking out her blog spot and started snooping around. I had a vbac and here is my story. My first born was born via c-section because she was breach. I chose a vbac for my second child because I never labored the first time around and there was no reason to suggest I couldn't do it. From what I understood at the time, the risks were about the same for c-sections vs. vbac. My only issue was that I have big kids. My first was 5 weeks early at 7lbs. 5oz. That should have clued us in that number two had the potential to be big. I went into labor 2 weeks early. Everything thing went fine, I did an epidural. She ended up being 9lbs. 10oz. As a result, I had an episiotomy and it was quite a painful recovery. And this may be too much information, but I wish someone had told me...as the nurse said AFTER the delivery, "yes, the geography does change a bit down there." What I mean is, the vaginal area is different after a vaginal birth. Makes sense I suppose, but no one ever told me. I had a third child and had a c-section again. Mainly because of the baby's size, but also because I was at a different hospital, different doctor (we moved out of state) and my new doctor would not "allow" me to do vagianl birth after my previous expereinces. You should check your state laws (policies). Someone told me you can't get a vbac in Florida...not sure if that is true or not. Well, I hope this isn't too much info. Good luck!
My name is Jillian Holt and my husband, Philip, and Tom Goedde work together at EA.
hi jessica,
I'm ramie, kristas friend. I was just browsing through her blog friend list. i had a vbac with my son. i believe in my case it was very safe because i had a great pregnancy with both kids and the reasoning for my emergency cc was just bad luck. nothing was wrong with me or my daughter up until that point. my doctor basically told me all the risks were based on my health and why i had the cc in the first place. now for example if i had 2 cc, there is no way she'd allow a vbac after that. anyways, i am thrilled i did the vbac. it was the most amazing experience ever. however, for me i thought it was harder recovering from the vaginal birth then cc. i do believe my vbac should of been encouraged due to my situation. My doctor is Dr. Card in Corvallis if you ever feel the need to get other opinions.
ramie
Post a Comment