I wish I could say that we had some news to report! The last week has been a tough one mentally. I was 2-3 cm dialated at my doctor appointment last Tuesday and have been experiencing pretty much constant cramping and random contractions ever since, but no baby! Every night I wake up wondering how the heck I am still pregnant! I know my due date isn't officially until Tuesday, but we have been so convinced that she would come early based on all that I've been experiencing. We've tried every natural induction method in the book with no luck. Apparently this little girl is in no hurry (perhaps she is going to be a bit more like her father than we anticipated). I know that she will come when she is ready/in God's perfect time, but I can't help but feel discouraged by the fact that she isn't here yet. I was induced almost two weeks before my due date with Parker, so I don't remember feeling this kind of anxiety about timing and didn't have to go through quite the same level of physical and mental exhaustion. ('ve been alternating between frantic nesting and crashing/napping throughout the day, which is pretty comical if I were to take a look at my habits the last few days!)
As of now, I have a scheduled C-section come Monday if Peyton isn't here, so please pray that I am able to go into labor naturally in order to avoid this surgery at all costs!
I have another doctor appointment tomorrow, which will hopefully mean more progress to report. . . . .
4 comments:
Good luck, Jess! I'll be thinking of you all and wishing you well! Lots of love...
Hang in there friend and know that my prayers are with you! :)
praying now!!!
copy-10-4-over
We had a similar thing happen with Caleb. I was sure he was coming early. Our first due date passed, then the second and I was still pregnant. We had prodromal (sp?) labor for almost 2 weeks and I was sure I would be preggo forever. The good news is, he knew exactly the right time to be born and with a lot of patience and a few tears, he was born totally healthy, and quickly! My prayers are with you for a quick and healthy delivery. Can't wait to meet her!
Post a Comment